Friday, August 25, 2017

Welcome to the 6th Grade homepage!  

My name is Paula Miller and I am elated to be the new 6th grade homeroom teacher at the Madeleine.  We have an exciting year ahead of us.  This page is where you can go to see announcements, read the class newsletter and get important links to online resources that we will be using in class.


A little more about 6th grade...
Sixth grade is an exciting year of change and personal growth.  As it is the first year of middle school, students may enter anxious and unsure, but by the end of the year they have blossomed into self assured and competent young people.  The core curriculum in sixth grade covers a wide variety of skills.  Some of the highlights include: a study of the Old Testament in religion, nature and life in science, ancient civilizations in social studies, fractions and statistics in math, and 6+1 Trait writing in language arts.

A little more about me…
Growing up in Portland, I too am a product of Catholic education.  After attending St. Cecilia’s grade school and Jesuit high school, I left to earn my bachelor’s degree from Gonzaga University and then returned to get my masters in education from the University of Portland.  I have been teaching middle school in the archdiocese since 2004.  My husband John and I, along with our two kids, Vincent and Gracie, joined the Madeleine parish in 2016 when we moved into the neighborhood.  We were immediately captivated by the warm and welcoming Madeleine community.

I'm looking forward to a great year! Please feel free to contact me with any questions:
pmiller@themadeleine.edu





No comments:

Post a Comment